Domestic animals may be referred to as tame to mean ‘gentle’ or ‘not fierce’, but one thing farmers or those that work closely with these animals know is that at certain moments, they display their wild side. For instance, during treatment, giving out a kick is natural even for the very humble ones. In case one is not using the strongest cattle crushes in the market at the moment, chances are that harm may come too close for comfort.
Cattle crushes have averted potential animal danger in a number of instances in Australia. Using the most durable ones in the market helps in longevity and ensures safety for both the animal and handler. Good cattle handling machines are important since they improve the working conditions for an animal handler. Qualities to look for when intending to buy cattle crushes include:
Quality of the Best Cattle Crushes
- Versatility – A farmer or animal handler with a variety of animals could benefit from this quality. In case there are cows as well as horses, one crush can serve all of them splendidly.
- Size – When an animal is getting treatment, a wash or routine check-up, it has to be comfortable. When shopping for the most ideal cattle crushes in Australia, size must be one quality not to leave out.
- Maintenance Cost – Like all other devices, cattle crushes are bound to wear out with time and may need servicing now and then. Pick on that device that is easy to maintain and has ready spare parts at the market.
- Suitability – When intending to purchase a cattle crush, a farmer or animal handler must have lots of things in perspective. For instance, is the machine able to assist during pregnancy testing, dehorning, mouthing, stripping, artificial insemination among other activities. At the moment, people shop for devices that can perform multiple tasks. The cattle crush purchased should offer varieties of services too.
- Affordable – Money is a major consideration when buying entirely everything, cattle crushes included. Keep in mind that the best crushes cattle use do not have to cost the earth. Most buyers are misguided in their belief that the more expensive it is the best it probably is. Have the device tested first before carrying it home.
- Durability – Everyone wishes to use a machine that will serve better for longer. Look for the best cattle crushes on offer from the most reliable dealer in town. Money is hard to come by. Everyone should therefore get their money’s worth.
- Safety – The assumption that a new machine is probably going to work just because it is from the dealer should not count when one intends to purchase a device like the cattle crush. Instead, check it out to determine if…
– The gates easily get released during emergency periods.
– The unit is solid up to the point that it is stuck on the ground.
– There is sufficient head clearance for animal and its handler.
– There are no protruding parts that may endanger the safety of animals and handlers.
– There is a split vet gate.
With devices like the cattle crush, shortcuts are not allowed during purchase. For more info, visit http://www.arrowfarmquip.com.au/